- Received June 12, 2012, and in revised form June 29, 2012.
- Accepted for publication July 3, 2012.
- Reprints: Kenneth I. Kaitin, PhD, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts University, 75 Kneeland St, Suite 1100, Boston, MA 02111. E-mail: .
- The following manuscript is adapted from Dr Kaitin’s presentation at the American Federation for Medical Research (AFMR) Translational Research Workshop in Washington DC, on April 9, 2011.
- Disclosures: The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) is a nonprofit, academic research center at Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA. Tufts CSDD is funded in part by unrestricted grants from pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms, as well as companies that provide related services (eg, contract research, consulting, and technology firms) to the research-based industry. The author reports no potential conflicts of interest relevant to this report.
- First published December 15, 2015.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.