- Received December 14, 2009, and in revised form February 19, 2010.
- Accepted for publication February 20, 2010.
- Reprints: Mario Kratz, PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Public Health Sciences, Cancer Prevention Program, Mail Stop M4-B402, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109. E-mail: .
- Supported by the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (grant UL1-RR024140), the University of Washington General Clinical Research Center (M01-RR-00037), and the University of Washington Clinical Nutrition Research Unit (DK35816), all funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Additional funding came from NIH (grants DK-55460 [to D.S.W.], DK-02860 [to D.S.W.], and DK-02689 [to J.Q.P.]). M.K. was supported by a Dick & Julia McAbee Fellowship in Diabetes Research from the University of Washington Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center (NIH grant DK-17047).
- None of the authors has any conflict of interest to declare.
- M.K. was responsible for statistical analyses and interpretation of the data and for writing the first draft of the manuscript. D.S.W. and J.Q.P. designed the research, supervised the collection of the data, and were involved in analyzing and interpreting the data. J.Q.P. also had final responsibility for the final content. P.A.B. was the study coordinator for both studies and was involved in designing the experiments and the collection of the data. H.S.C., C.C.M., K.E.M., and V.R.B. were responsible for designing the experimental diets and for supervising the production, distribution, and weigh-backs of the diets. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- First published December 15, 2015.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.